This card bears the number VI, and on it are three people, with an Angel above their heads. Love becomes possible after the Fool obtains wisdom from the Pope. The Lovers card represents unconditional Love; love that does not judge others, but loves them for who they are, without ever trying to change them. The Lovers card also symbolises the freedom to do what we want, and moving ourselves towards what we are attracted to.
The first meaning of this card is hesitation, a pause for thought. But looking deeper, we understand that the Lovers card symbolises progression, the passing from one state to another.
Drawn face up
The Lovers card drawn face-up is a sign of hesitation. The consultant undoubtedly finds themselves in an uncertain situation; they don't know where they're going and don't yet dare to make any choices. They have to choose a path, and the choice they make will have repurcussions on their future. To properly interpret the meaning of this card, the other cards drawn need to be taken into consideration, as they will be determining factors. The Lovers is a passive card, which symbolises waiting, or a desire that is as yet ill-defined, or not concrete in reality.
Its meaning: A choice to be made, free will, desire, love, emotions, aesthetic art, reflection.
The Lovers card drawn upside-down shows that the consultant needs to make a painful choice, and that they are choosing the wrong path. They are looking for the easy way out and not taking everything into consideration. They are caught in a trap. The card can also signify an encounter with a harmful person, who should be avoided at all costs, or else they risk suffering a great deal. If the person gives into temptation, they won't make any progress.
Its meaning: Temptation, a trap, seduction, lust, selfishness, separation, bad encounters, infidelity.
This is a card with many meanings. It is difficult to give it a stable one. It can represent a choice to be made, love, or artistic talent. It also evokes sexual desires. To properly interpret it during a drawing, its neighbouring cards need to be taken into consideration.
- Marseille Tarot: What kind of lover is she?
- Tarot: the royal road card to wisdom
- Tarot and love: what kind of lover is he?
- Tarot Draw: Ways of doing 4 methods
- Discover the Fool in the Tarot of Marseille
- New beginning with The Magician
- Free reading of the High Priestess card
- The Empress: creativity and action
- Tarot: The Emperor holds power!
- The Hierophant card: find out its meaning
- Tarot: The Chariot is a warrior!
- Knowing about drawing the Justice card
- The Hermit: move towards the light!
- Can you trust the Wheel of Fortune?
- Meaning of the Strength card in a Tarot
- Tarot Card no. XII: The Hanged Man
- Who is that skeleton in the Tarot of Marseille?
- Tarot : Temperance symbolises calm
- Tarot of Marseille card: The Devil !
- The feared card of the House of God!
- Tarot - meaning behind the Star card