Written by Evie
In Chinese astrology, the Chinese sign (which depends on your year of birth) is associated with several factors. These include the 5 elements Wood, Metal, Water, Earth and Fire.
If you do not know your chinese element, you can use our App on the following link : My Chinese element calculator
Metal makes you concerned about success Read more
Wood is an element which gives freedom of expression! Read more
Water makes you intuitive and open towards others. Read more
Fire makes you ambitious and given to excess! Read more
Earth makes you serious and very well organised! Read more
The other parameters taken into account by Chinese astrology are the analysis of the 28 constellations, 5 planets (Mercury, Jupiter, Mars, Saturn and Venus),the seasons, the 5 directions (North, West, South, East and Centre) and 108 stars.
The five elements of Chinese astrology are forces that complement and nuance the signs. These forces are in constant interaction. The set of Chinese elements is called "Hing," which means to move forward, to act. The last digit of the year of birth determines the element:
- Year ending in 0 or 1: Metal
- Year ending in 2 or 3: Water
- Year ending in 4 or 5: Wood
- Year ending in 6 or 7: Fire
- Year ending in 8 or 9: Earth
The elements symbolize the succession of seasons:
- Metal generates Water by enriching it, but it destroys Wood (Metal cuts Wood).
- Water generates Wood by feeding the trees, but it destroys Fire (Water extinguishes Fire).
- Wood generates Fire because, while burning, it nourishes it, but it destroys the Earth (the Wood exhausts the ground).
- Fire generates Earth because the ashes feed it and make it fertile, but it destroys Metal (Fire melts Metal).
- Earth generates Metal (the Metal is extracted from the Earth),but it destroys Water (Earth absorbs the Water and becomes mud).
Thus, the Chinese years form cycles of 10 years, two consecutive years are symbolized by one of these five elements. In Chinese astrology, we associate the Chinese sign (which depends on the year of birth) with several data, including five elements that are Wood, Metal, Water, Earth, and the powers of Fire. The other parameters taken into account in Chinese astrology are the analysis of the 28 constellations and five planets that are Mercury, Jupiter, Mars, Saturn, and Venus. The seasons, the five directions (North, West, South, East, and Central) and 108 stars.
Your registration has been successful, thanks for the trust. You will soon receive your daily horoscope right in your inbox.
This email address is invalid or already registered in our system.