In the Tarot of Marseille, the Pope card bears the number V. In the beginning of the Tarot story, the Fool leaves on a pilgrimage or quest for something, as illustrated in the Fool card. He leaves searching for direction.
After finding their way, a person wants to tell others about it, to share this knowledge, and then to rest. The Pope card evokes the gift of teaching: helping others to learn, and guiding them.
The Pope acts as an intermediary, showing the path to follow. It can be associated with the image of the benevolent priest who guides his children. This card is positive; it is a sign of protection and has spiritual meaning.
The Pope card brings meaning to events. If the Pope card is drawn, it is a good sign, because it means that success will be at hand. In a romantic relationship, the Pope signifies a stable and lasting union.
Drawn face up
The Pope card is positive when drawn face up. It shows that the person benefits from the protection of someone in a high place. It's also a sign of luck, and shows that it's the right time to throw themselves into business. It reveals that the consultant is making progress intellectually and morally. The Pope is an influential guide, a protector who knows what is right. Grudges will be forgiven, for this card is a sign of forgiveness.
Its meanings: serenity following hard times, protection, benevolence, modesty, generosity
The Pope card drawn upside-down is a bad sign. It shows a lack of faith on the part of the consultant, and that they are incapable of recognising their own mistakes. They will look for the easy way out, even if doing so involves illegal activity. They'll have no qualms about committing an injustice. They won't believe in anything sacred, and only be out for their own gain. It is also a symbol of laziness.
Its meanings: obstacles, failure, lack of faith, manipulation.
The Pope card represents the right way to follow. It is a sign of harmony and security.
- Marseille Tarot: What kind of lover is she?
- Tarot: the royal road card to wisdom
- Tarot and love: what kind of lover is he?
- Tarot Draw: Ways of doing 4 methods
- Discover the Fool in the Tarot of Marseille
- New beginning with The Magician
- Free reading of the High Priestess card
- The Empress: creativity and action
- Tarot: The Emperor holds power!
- The Lovers card: all its secrets revealed
- Tarot: The Chariot is a warrior!
- Knowing about drawing the Justice card
- The Hermit: move towards the light!
- Can you trust the Wheel of Fortune?
- Meaning of the Strength card in a Tarot
- Tarot Card no. XII: The Hanged Man
- Who is that skeleton in the Tarot of Marseille?
- Tarot : Temperance symbolises calm
- Tarot of Marseille card: The Devil !
- The feared card of the House of God!
- Tarot - meaning behind the Star card