The descendant is an important element in the interpretation of a map. By indicating your date, time and place of birth, you'll find out your descendant (Note: for cities of birth, it is imperative to put the hyphens - if necessary: for example, "Saint-Germain-en-Laye").
Rating for the WebApp
When drawing a natal chart, we place a circle representing the sky, with the Earth at the center and the planets as they are at the moment of birth. Based on the place and the time of birth, using mathematical tables, we then find the "Houses" or areas of the sky, depending on their orientation.
- The East point of a map is House 1 or Ascendant
- The South or Zenith indicates House 10 or midsky
- The West point indicates House 7 or Descendant
- The North or nadir indicates House 4 or the bottom of the sky
These 4 cardinal points are called the "angles":
- The Ascendant symbolizes the motivations of a person, their pace and their behavior
- The bottom of the sky symbolizes the origins, the family and the home
- The middle of the sky symbolizes the social and professional life.
- The descendant relates to all associations: marriage, contracts and the others.
By definition, the descendant is always in the sign opposite to that of the Ascendant (if you are for example Ascendant Aries, your descendant is in Libra)
The descendant tells us about the type and quality of your agreements, your behavior with others in general and your partners in particular, whether emotional or socioprofessional.
The descendant is an important element in the interpretation of a theme. By indicating your date, time and place of birth, you discover yours (Note: for cities of birth, please put the hyphens - if necessary: example, "Saint-Germain-en-Laye" )
Learn everything about the Descendant with our article What is your Descendant?