The Magician is the Fool come to a rest, a wisened man who has found his way. The card bears the number I; it is the first Arcanum. In the Middle Ages, jugglers were described as men who performed acts of magic.
Four things are shown on this card that can also be found on other cards in the Tarot of Marseille: the wand, the coin, a cup and a knife. They symbolise the four elements that are the source of life: water, air, earth, fire.
The Magician represents a new start; something new that is happening in the consultant's life; a period of learning or training that will be the start of something else. When this card is drawn, it is a sign of starting a new activity, or of being presented with a new opportunity. The Magician symbolises agility, a sharp mind, diplomacy, etc., and represents victory, strength and success.
Drawn face up
The card of the Magician drawn upright reveals that the person in question has a lot of energy for achieving their goals. They have the qualities they need to succeed, and everything they undertake will result in victory. This is a very good card. If a person is lucky enough to draw this card, it means that happy events will occur in their life, and that they will be the ones responsible for these changes.
Its meanings: enthusiasm, creativity, a new era, intelligence...
The card of the Magician drawn upside-down signifies two things. Firstly, the person might lose themselves to excess, and the Magician's qualities become flaws. Intelligence turns to arrogance, and newness to fear of change, etc. Either that, or it could announce that an event that should have happened has not, meaning that the person missed out on an opportunity because they were too shy or too scared.
Its meanings: ruthless ambition, pretentiousness, violence, malice, laziness, failure...
The Magician is a sign of new plans or relationships. It is associated with art and work.
- Marseille Tarot: What kind of lover is she?
- Tarot: the royal road card to wisdom
- Tarot and love: what kind of lover is he?
- Tarot Draw: Ways of doing 4 methods
- Discover the Fool in the Tarot of Marseille
- Free reading of the High Priestess card
- The Empress: creativity and action
- Tarot: The Emperor holds power!
- The Hierophant card: find out its meaning
- The Lovers card: all its secrets revealed
- Tarot: The Chariot is a warrior!
- Knowing about drawing the Justice card
- The Hermit: move towards the light!
- Can you trust the Wheel of Fortune?
- Meaning of the Strength card in a Tarot
- Tarot Card no. XII: The Hanged Man
- Who is that skeleton in the Tarot of Marseille?
- Tarot : Temperance symbolises calm
- Tarot of Marseille card: The Devil !
- The feared card of the House of God!
- Tarot - meaning behind the Star card