By convention, the map is always oriented in the same way: the separation between Pisces and Aries on the left. Note that the planets turn in the opposite direction of clockwise. To discover your astral sky chart, use our new App "Free astrological forecasts for a specific day" by entering your date of birth !
Important: To make a personalized astrological theme, one needs:
- The birth date
- The birth time
- Ephemeris to know the location of each planet at a given moment.
- An atlas or connection to Google maps to find the latitude and longitude of a place of birth.
- A table of houses to calculate the ascendant and be able to "cut" the map into 12 sectors.
- The time schedules to be able to bring back any time of birth in the world to Universal Time of Greenwich. Local time can also be determined from the universal time and geographical longitude of the place.
The earth rotates 1 ° every 4 minutes from west to east. If the place is, for example, east of Greenwich, the local time will be the universal time increased by as many times 4 minutes as of degrees of longitude.
Once the solar birth time has been accurately established, record the sidereal time of the day of birth in the ephemeris (column S.T or T.S). At this sidereal time, add solar time of birth and reduce if the total exceeds 24. Then you will get the sidereal birth time. In the house table, choose the appropriate latitude and then the calculated sidereal time and report on the blank map the houses as described in the table.
Once the houses are indicated, place the planets. For that, return to the ephemerides. In the ephemerides, the position of the planets is indicated for each day at 00:00. It is necessary to extrapolate the race of the fast planets on a given day. This is particularly important for the position of the moon.
Zagon was born on July 12, 1957 at 9:10 pm (solar time: 8:10 pm).
Position of the moon on 12 July at 00h00: 19 ° 56 'Capricorn
On July 13 at 00:00: 2 ° 11 'Aquarius
The moon has traveled 12 ° 15 'in 24 hours (the planets do not rotate all the time at the same speed),or ½ degree per hour. At 20:10, the moon had traveled 10 ° 28 'and is therefore 0 ° 14' of Aquarius.
Note also, in addition to the ten planets, the position of the black moon and lunar nodes.
Once the houses and planets are in the right place, draw the aspects. We generally use 5 major aspects:
- The conjunction: when two planets are in the same place, within 10 °
- Opposition: when two planets form a 180 ° opposition, within 10 °
- Trine: when the gap between two planets is 120 °, within 8 °
- The square: when the gap between two planets is 90 °, within 8 °
- The sextile: when the gap between two planets is 60 °, to 2 °.
Also take into account aspects of the planets with the ascendant (house 1) and the middle of the sky (house 10).
Planetary classifications: Twelve 30 ° signs, in order: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces.
MALE (or Positive) SIGNS: Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius.
FEMALE (or Negative) SIGNS: Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces.
CARDINAL SIGNS: Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.
FIXED SIGNS: Bull, Lion, Scorpio and Aquarius.
MUTABLE SIGNS: Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces.
SIGNS OF FIRE: Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
SIGNS OF EARTH: Bull, Virgo and Capricorn.
SIGNS OF AIR: Gemini, Libra and Aquarius.
SIGNS OF WATER: Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.